1. SERVICE INNOVATION NETWORKS
After successfully completing the course the student will be able to:
• Demonstrate advanced knowledge of theories on information infrastructures and networks in general
• Demonstrate knowledge of design of new digital services in relation to information infrastructures
• Demonstrate knowledge of the relationships between architecture and innovation
• Analyse and assess complex information infrastructure cases
• Analyse and evaluate the success of large infrastructure initiatives, such as Google and Apple.
• Analyse and evaluate architectures for new service processes and service products on Microsoft’s SharePoint platform
• Discuss the theoretical issues of infrastructure theory, compares to other IS theories
• Suggest and describe a strategy for growth of an a business case infrastructure, and evaluate the strategy with infrastructure frameworks
• Suggest and describe the elements and issues concerned with service architectures on Microsoft’s SharePoint platform.
1. Read the case of EPR-based information infrastructure in a Norwegian hospital (Hanseth et al., 2006: pp. 567-575)
2. Give a presentation of the case and explain why the EPR should be understood as an information infrastructure.
3. Use information infrastructure theory and concepts to analyse the case. It is required that you use at least 4 additional papers or book chapters from the curriculum in your analysis. (Learning outcomes 1 and 2)
4. Finally, discuss how the outcomes in the case could have been different with a different strategy (Learning outcome 3)
Remember to use the template for essays as provided earlier. You do not have to include a section describing methodology in the essay.
Length: 2000-2500 words (excluding title page and references)