Purpose of Assignment
The purpose of this assignment is to help you understand the basics of financial statement analysis using financial ratios on the assets section of the balance sheet, data interpretation, and how ratios are used to gain insight about the management of receivable.
Resources: Financial Accounting: Tools for Business Decision Making
Develop an 875-word analysis providing conclusions concerning the management of accounts receivable based on the financial statements of Columbia Sportswear Company presented in Appendix B and the financial statements of VF Corporation presented in Appendix C, including the following:
• Based on the information contained in these financial statement, compute the following 2014 values for each company:
○ Accounts receivable turnover (For VF, use "Net sales" and assume all sales were credit sales)
○ Average collection period for accounts receivable
• What conclusions concerning the management of accounts receivable can be drawn from this data?
Use the Week 1 Excel® spreadsheet to show your work and submit with your analysis.
- Among other benefits, we guarantee:
Essays written from scratch – 100% original,
Competitive prices and excellent quality,
24/7 customer support,
Priority on customer’s privacy,
Unlimited free revisions upon request, and
Plagiarism free work.
Providing -Quality University Papers, written from scratch,
delivered on time, at affordable rates!