You are to develop a concept map for the topic severe acute exacerbation of childhood asthma
and answer three questions related to a severe acute exacerbation of asthma.
In a severe acute exacerbation of asthma explain the pathogenesis that results in widespread
expiratory wheezes and dyspnoea.
Discuss two high priority nursing strategies used to manage a child with a severe acute exacerbation
of asthma and provide rationales for these strategies.
To manage a severe acute exacerbation of asthma in a child continuous nebulised salbutamol is
given. Three doses of ipratropium is added to the nebuliser at 20 minute intervals.
- a) Discuss the mode of action of each of these drugs (salbutamol and ipratropium) relating to the
- b) Relating your answer to the pharmacology of the two drugs, discuss nursing implications
including how you will monitor and respond to adverse effects and how you will evaluate the
For a Customized paper on the above topic and questions, place your order with us!
When you place an order with us, you are assured of;
• Masters & Ph.D. Level writers
• 100% Privacy & Confidentiality
• Free Plagiarism screening using latest platforms
• Affordable Rates
• Unlimited Revisions at no extra charges
• Guaranteed Quality