The task is for students to demonstrate their understanding of the topic Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) using a case study.
- To examine how CSR initiatives can serve as a vehicle for developing overall business goals
- To judge the value of CSR and determine its place in today’s business operations
- Apply critical thinking, both conceptualization and evaluation, to a range of business scenarios and issues;
- Incorporate personal ethics and social responsibility into business analysis and decision making.
Provide an analysis on BankWest’s Corporate Social Responsibility.
Respond to the following:
- What is the purpose of business?
- Should companies become involved in Corporate Social Responsibility? Provide reasons and other working examples.
- What other Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives could BankWest undertake? Provide a short justification for each initiative.
- Is Corporate Social Responsibility in banking a viable business strategy or is it just a fad? Adopt a critical approach here-question the whole concept of CSR.
Consider these broad headings:
- Develop a company-wide environmental policy?
- Conduct a company-wide environmental risk assessment?
- Undertake a pay equities investigation to determine if men and women working in the same role at the bank receive the same pay.
- Establish BankWest as an arranger of finance for renewable or ‘green’ energy projects in Australia.
- Build the profile of the Foundation by setting up a program where staff can provide approved pro-bono work to support Foundation partners eg IT can help build a website; marketing can help write a marketing plan; legal can read over some contracts…
Is Corporate Social Responsibility in banking a viable business strategy or is it just a fad?
Place your order with us for a custom-written paper on this or a similar topic at discounted rates.
Our clients are always guaranteed of:
Essays written from scratch, 100% original,
Delivery within deadlines,
Competitive prices and excellent quality,
24/7 customer support,
Priority on their privacy,
Unlimited free revisions upon request, and
Plagiarism free work,