Write 3500 words on the following:
Using the literature, and your own experience if relevant, present a short case study of the use of English, or an English-based pidgin or creole, in a specific country or geographical area where it has been introduced since the reign of Elizabeth I.
a) how English came to be introduced into this society (NO MORE THAN 1000 WORDS);
b) how it has developed (grammar, pronunciation, lexis, discourse features – I expect this section to give examples);
c) influences on its development;
d) specific areas in which it is used (e.g., law, education, government)
Finally, comment on whether and how English has affected other languages used in the area.
N.B. You may NOT write on Hong Kong English as we have covered this extensively in class.
DEAR WRITER, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW THIS:
1. Clear demonstration of understanding of the issue chosen for discussion;
2. Ability to organise knowledge, articulate arguments effectively, and critically appraise the evidence for certain views and analyses of the English language at post- graduate level;
3. Ability to use appropriate phonemic or phonetic notation and produce a transcript (where relevant);
4. Demonstration of a wide range of reading relevant to the chosen area (see * below);
5. Coherence of assignment, especially overall organisation and division into sections and paragraphs;
6. Presentation, especially correctness of referencing and bibliography and quality of writing.
* I expect to see AT LEAST SEVEN items on your list of references, EXCLUDING WEBSITES. Wikipedia is banned as a source of information. Academic papers downloaded from reputable websites are permitted.
Format of Assignment
The assignment must be Word processed using Times New Roman 12pt and with phonetic symbols where appropriate. You must use a suitable phonetic font, e.g. Lucida Sans Unicode (available on all Windows machines post 1998).
Lines should be double or 1.5 spaced with the page number given on each page.
For the best custom essay writing experience and great discounts on the above or a similar topic,
At qualityuniversitypapers.com we provide:
Essays written from scratch – 100% original,
The best guarantee on deadlines,
Competitive prices and excellent quality,
24/7 customer support,
Priority on their privacy,
Unlimited free revisions upon request, and
Plagiarism free work.