Examine two research articles that contain the same concepts
A. Did each author define the concepts differently or the same?
B. Were the differences in the definitions important?
C. Were the definitions in each study appropriate and sound?
Module is open from Feb 25- March 7, 2014 at midnight. This module is graded based on 4 points:
Your original post must be posted by March 2at midnight.
(2) YOU MUST REPLY TO 5 OTHER STUDENTS POSTSON TIME (MARCH 7 AT MIDNIGHT)
Please note I will upload the other students post as soon as they are posted for your response.
Post must be being relative to the assignment
Be sure to use correct APA format when appropriate
Students are expected to use the assigned readings and multimedia to form their response to the discussion questions. Each seminar has an identified topic. Students are expected to post their initial discussion and engage in seminar discussions by offering comments at least 5 times for each seminar.
This module focuses on understanding concepts and creating conceptual meaning.
Read chapter 7: Chinn, P.L. & Kramer, M.K. (2011). Integrated theory and knowledge development in nursing, 8th. St. Louis: Mosby-Elsevier.
McEwen, M & Wills, EM. (2011). Theoretical basis for nursing, 3rd ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott,
Williams && Wilkins.
Hood, L.J. (2010). Leddy & Pepper’s Conceptual bases of professional nursing, 7th ed. Philadelphia:
Lippincott, Williams, & Wilkins
Mishel, M. The Concept of Facilitation in the Implemenation of Evidence Based Practice: Development of an Instrument to Measure Facilitation, dissertation defense, University of Arizona College of Nursing, 9/26/2011,http://www.nursing.arizona.edu/scripts/VideoSearch.asp
Hook, M. Spiritual Pain, Physical Pain and Existential Well-Being in Adults with Advanced Cancer, University of Arizona College of Nursing, 10/7/2011, http://www.nursing.arizona.edu/scripts/ShowNursingVideoAllv1.asp?qtype=date#
Yu Liu, Impact of Family Caregiving upon Caregivers of Elders with Dementia in China, dissertation defense, University of Arizona College of Nursing, 4/19/2010, http://www.nursing.arizona.edu/scripts/ShowNursingVideoAllv1.asp?qtype=date
Guthery, A. Self-Regulation and Spiritual Coping Processes in School-Aged Children Diagnosed with Depression, dissertation defense, University of Arizona College of Nursing, 4/13/2010, http://www.nursing.arizona.edu/scripts/ShowNursingVideoAllv1.asp?qtype=date
These articles are optional reading that will enhance your understanding of the topic.
Giuliano, K. K. (2003). Expanding the use of empiricism in nursing: can we bridge the gap between knowledge and clinical practice? Nursing Philosophy, 4(1), 44-52.
Hanucharurnkul, S. (1989).Comparative analysis of Orem’s and King’s theories. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 14(5), 365-372. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2648.1989.tb01542.x
Marrs, J., & Lowry, L. W. (2006). Nursing theory and practice: connecting the dots. Nursing Science Quarterly, 19(1), 44-50.
Morse, J. M., Hupcey, J. E., Mitcham, C., & Lenz, E. R. (1996). Concept analysis in nursing research: a critical appraisal.Scholarly Inquiry for Nursing Practice, 10(3), 253-277.
Plummer, M., &Molzahn, A. E. (2009). Quality of life in contemporary nursing theory: a concept analysis. Nursing Science Quarterly, 22(2), 134-140.doi: 10.1177/0894318409332807
Risjord, M. (2009).Rethinking concept analysis. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 65(3), 684-691. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2648.2008.04903.x
Tofthagen, R., & Fagerstrøm, L. M. (2010). Rodgers’ evolutionary concept analysis – a valid method for developing knowledge in nursing science. Scandinavian Journal of Caring Sciences, 24, 21-31.doi: 10.1111/j.1471-6712.2010.00845.x
(3) MY REFLECTIONS ON WHAT I LEARNED IN THIS MODULE…
Share what you learned in this module, including your readings, seminar discussions, multimedia, and external links. Also, describe the progress you are making toward achieving the course objectives. Your reflections should be one paragraph, approximately 250-500 words.
Your reflections are due no later than the last day of the module. There is no “right” or “wrong” response as these are your own thoughts about what you have learned in this module. Reflections are graded as follows: 2 points if your discussion thoroughly addresses the above topic, 1 point if your discussion partially addresses the above topic, 0 points if posted late or not at all. Please be sure to give your post a meaningful subject and to check that area frequently for replies and new posts.
Your reflections must be posted by March 7 at midnight. The reflections post should be 2 paragraphs. One is discussing your thoughts on the module and the second identifying what objectives you have met.
Objectives: By the end of this course you are expected to accomplish the following:
1. Examine the social and political arena of past events that have historically influenced nursing as a profession.
2. Critically examine the application of nursing theories as it applies to adult and family nursing practice, nursing administration, and nursing research.
3. Examine the paradigm shift of nursing theory within the ethic of care and standards of professional nursing practice in providing care to culturally diverse families and communities.
4. Examine the relevance of professional nursing practice and nursing research to the ongoing development of theory-based nursing practice within the nursing discipline as an art and science.
5. Critically reflect upon one’s personal philosophy and professional development of professional nursing in the advanced practice role. TO ORDER FOR THIS QUESTION OR A SIMILAR ONE, CLICK THE ORDER NOW BUTTON AND ON THE ORDER FORM, FILL ALL THE REQUIRED DETAILS THEN TRACE THE DISCOUNT CODE,
TYPE IT ON THE DISCOUNT BOX AND CLICK ON ‘USE CODE’ TO EFFECT YOUR DISCOUNT. THANK YOU
Examine two research articles that contain the same concepts
Order Similar Assignment Now!
- Our Support Staff are online 24/7
- Our Writers are available 24/7
- Most Urgent order is delivered within 4 Hrs
- 100% Original Assignment Plagiarism report can be sent to you upon request.
GET 15 % DISCOUNT TODAY use the discount code PAPER15 at the order form.