One of the more important measures in regard to international economics is the balance of payments. Think of it as a national accounting measure that looks at the flow of goods and services into and out of an economy in a given period of time. It also shows capital flows into and out of a country. Until 1980, the United States tended to run a positive-to-neutral balance of payments position and was a creditor nation. In the course of the past 30 years, the United States has moved to a negative balance of payments and to being a debtor nation.
Review and discuss the following:
- Discuss the importance of the balance of payments as an accounting measure.
- Discuss the current account and its components and the capital and financial accounts and their components.
- How important is the U.S. deficit in traded goods in regard to the balance of payments?
Here are some relevant articles to help you with this assignment:
Please submit your assignment.
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.
Hellerstein, R., & Tille, C. (2008, June). The changing nature of the U.S. balance of payments. Current Issues in Economics and Finance, 14(4). Retrieved from https://www.newyorkfed.org/medialibrary/media/research/current_issues/ci14-4.pdf
Stein, H. (2008). Balance of payments. The Concise Encyclopedia of Economics. Retrieved from http://www.econlib.org/library/Enc/BalanceofPayments.html
For a custom paper on the above or a related topic, place your order now!
What We Offer:
• Affordable Rates – (15 – 35% Discount on your first two orders)
• 100% Free from Plagiarism
• Masters & Ph.D. Level Writers
• Money Back Guarantee
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
• Unlimited Revisions at no Extra Charges
• Guaranteed High-Quality Content