Hello, kindly note that this is a very important assignment. I need you to write the discussion section and be sure connect with the findings and other studies.
The purpose of the study to investigate female students’ belief in math.
What I have found from the results:
- Most of the female students have negative perception and believe regarding their ability and skills in math. Such as “ I can understand math”, “I am not good at math”, “I don’t really developed” “and I cant memorize”
- Female students have negative perception toward math such as: they do not like it, boring, hard, stressful and worried.
Most of them think math is only about the four operation (division, multiplication, addition, subtraction)
They belief math connected to life only through measurement and counting money and baying and sealing
- They think the most challenges and difficulties are lack of teacher support and teacher negative perception, fluency and being fast to understand the task, the need for more time to process the tasks and problem, memory issue, distracted easily, can’t focus on ling tasks and the lack of fun activities.
- They think to be more successful, math should be connected to life and have fun with it, they need more directions and support from teacher like one to one support, the importance of explicit instruction and step by step instruction and they indicated that drawing and using picture, concrete, games, and hands-on activates would be helpful in math.
- Most of the participants mentioned that they belief that girls and boys are equal in term of their ability and skills in math, however, they belief women should have job like teacher, fashion model, veterinarian and taking care of kids whereas, men should have job like instruction, coaching. That indicates some conflict in term of their belief of equality.
- They belief using hands-on activity and make math connected to life during summer program is really helpful to motivate them to love math and change their view on how to perceive math.
- The results reveals many factors that may have influence on their beliefs and perception in math, most of mothers’ participants are not good in math or some of them have negative attitude toward their kids ability in math, also some of the participants were surrounded with comparative experience weather with brother or other friend at school which make some frustrating and disappointment to them.
Half of the participants were exposured to negative attitude from their teacher and the participant belief their teacher not like math worried and bored and that affect on their ability in math. The other half of the students had a good experience with their teacher and they think that their teacher good on teaching math.
To order this or a similar paper at competitive rates click Order Now