Marketing Information Searches
1. Define low involvement, medium involvement, and high involvement purchases.
2. Discuss what marketing actions undertaken by the makers of your chosen product would spur the consumer to search for information for low involvement purchases, medium involvement purchases, and high involvement purchases. Incorporate principles regarding problem recognition and reaching the consumer’s desired state. Use Figures 14-1 and 14-2 in Chapter 14 of the text as a guide.
3. Provide between three to five (3-5) pictures of products in each category. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
4. From the information searches outlined in Figure 14-1, determine which of them is appropriate for each of the purchase categories.
5. Recommend at least three (3) alternative strategies to increase sales for products within that category that you had previously suggested. In your recommendations, include where the suggested products fall in the evoked, inert, and inept sets.
6. Develop a perceptual map for ten (10) high involvement products of your choosing using Microsoft Word or an equivalent, such as OpenOffice. Use Figure 16-2 in Chapter 16 as a guide when creating your perceptual map. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
7. Determine which evaluation criteria you would use on the axes of the perceptual map for each of the purchase categories. Support your position.
8. Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Develop marketing actions that facilitate consumer information searches and fit common decision rules used by consumers.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in consumer behavior.
• Write clearly and concisely about consumer behavior using proper writing mechanics.
Click here to view the grading rubric for this assignment.