1. You manage a 30-bed medical-surgical unit in a small community hospital and have a background in managing cardiac care units. The Director of Nursing has asked you to take part in a planning session with other hospital administrators. The Director feels that expanding cardiac care services will benefit the facility and the community:
- What is the strategic planning process for this project?
- Who would be involved in this strategic plan? Who are the stakeholders in the community and within the hospital?
- How could you begin to implement this strategy?
What are some of the major issues associated with a plan like this?
2. Read the Case Study 13-1 on page 178 in your textbook. Then answer the following questions:
- Determine what could have been done to prevent Jane’s problems, other than what is outlined in the case study.
- Explain what time wasters and interruptions are and strategies to minimize their effects?
Outline at least three alternatives to deal with Jane’s problem.
Apply these time management skills to a problem in your own life.
3. Change in healthcare is inevitable. Identify one area within your employment that needs to be changed. Examples include improving a process, or reducing wait times, or improving quality. After discussion with a nurse leader at your place of employment, decide on an issue that requires change, and answer the following questions:
- Analyze any issues related to the problem, and map out any alternative solutions.
- Illustrate 3 strategies for change including the positive and negative forces for each.
- Discuss and apply a change theory to your issue.
For a custom paper on the above or a related assignment, place your order now!
What We Offer:
• Affordable Rates – (15 – 35% Discount on your first two orders)
• 100% Free from Plagiarism
• Masters & Ph.D. Level Writers
• Money Back Guarantee
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
• Unlimited Revisions at no Extra Charges
• Guaranteed High-Quality Content