Respond to the following questions in your own words. Your responses should include specific examples and should incorporate concepts.
1. As a listener, what are the biggest clues you have that a speaker has not taken the time to adapt the presentation so it is appropriate for a particular situation? Think of examples of speeches you have seen that did not take into account the situation (audience, speaker, and occasion). What was the impact of this negligence?
2. Think of presentations you have listened to in the past. What types of verbal and visual support capture your interest in a presentation? Which types bore you? Which types best help you to understand the topic? Which ones confuse you? Which types leave a lasting impact? Which do you forget most easily? How will you apply this reflection as you select verbal and visual support for your own presentations?
3. Find a speech online at http://www.americanrhetoric.com/speechbank.htm.
Read one or more of the speeches and design a PowerPoint presentation including at least one visual aid to communicate your findings. Be sure to create an effective introduction and conclusion for a presentation. Then include the following in your presentation:
· Identify each part of the introduction.
· Label the attention-getting method used if it fits into one of the categories in your text.
· Underline or highlight the transitions, and be ready to read to the class some of the best examples of transitions.
· Make a list of each transitional word or phrase used .
· Look for various techniques in the conclusions. Can you find examples of several types of closing? Which ones?
· After these elements of introductions, transitions, and conclusions have been identified, evaluate their effectiveness in this particular speech. ORDER THIS ESSAY HERE NOW AND GET A DISCOUNT !!!
Order Similar Assignment Now!
- Our Support Staff are online 24/7
- Our Writers are available 24/7
- Most Urgent order is delivered within 4 Hrs
- 100% Original Assignment Plagiarism report can be sent to you upon request.
GET 15 % DISCOUNT TODAY use the discount code PAPER15 at the order form.