Policy Memo to a Public Official
In M1: Assignment 2, you conducted preliminary research on a public health problem. You identified a public health problem and provided evidence of it. You also identified the relevant government official or agency to which you could address these concerns. In this assignment, you will work toward providing recommendations to resolve that problem.
In this assignment, assume that you are a health policy analyst in your home state.
Complete the following:
1.Select a public health policy topic.
2.Write a policy memo to a public official (i.e., governor, mayor, county commission/executive, etc.) summarizing the topic you have selected. Your policy memo must comprise the following sections: ◦Problem statement. In this section, include an appropriate problem statement. The statement should be a short summary that identifies the focus of the issue.
◦ Background. In this section, describe the extent and scope of the problem. Specify the reasons for which the problem must receive the attention of policy makers? Summarize what the issue is and why the issue is significant to population health and health policy.
◦ Landscape. In this section, identify and describe the key stakeholders. Consider all political, economic, and social factors that frame the context of the problem.
◦ Policy options. In this section, create and provide alternative solutions to the issue selected. Assess the pros and cons of each option. This section should balance out all of the pros and cons to inform the policy client of possible rebuttals, supporters, and opposition to the interest group.
◦ Recommendation. In this section, propose one solution (from the list you included in the preceding section) to the problem. Justify your recommendation by comparing it with the other alternatives.
Place your order now to enjoy great discounts on this or a similar topic.
People choose us because we provide:
Essays written from scratch, 100% original,
Delivery within deadlines,
Competitive prices and excellent quality,
24/7 customer support,
Priority on their privacy,
Unlimited free revisions upon request, and
Plagiarism free work,
Write a 12-page paper in Word format. Utilize at least 5 scholarly sources in your research. Your paper should be written in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
READING FOR THIS WORK
◦Atkins, D., Siegel, J., & Slutsky, J. (2005). Making policy when the evidence is in dispute. Health Affairs, 24(1), 102–113
◦Boyle, M., Stone-Francisco, S., & Samuels, S. (2006). Environmental strategies and policies to support healthy eating and physical activity in low-income communities. Journal of Hunger and Environmental Nutrition, 1(2), 3–25
◦Eijkenaar, F., Emmert, M., Scheppach, M., & Schöffski, O. (2013). Effects of pay for performance in health care: A systematic review of systematic reviews. Health Policy, 110(2/3), 115–130. (doi:10.1016/j.healthpol.2013.01.008).
•From the Internet, read: ◦Meister, J. S., & Guernsey de Zapian, J. (2005). Bringing health policy issues front and center in the community: Expanding the role of community health coalitions. Preventing Chronic Disease, 2(1), A16–A22. Retrieved from
◦The Robert Woods Johnson Health Policy Fellowship Program, National Research Council. (2001). Unintended consequences of health policy programs and policies: Workshop summary. Washington, D. C. National Academies Press. Retrieved from
• Recommended reading: ◦Berkman, L. (2011). Unintended consequences of social and economic policies for population health: Towards a more intentional approach. European Journal of Public Health, 21(5): 547–548. Retrieved from