Assignment 3: Risk Workshop and Risk Register
Due Week 6 and worth 240 points
Note: The assignments are a series of papers that are based on the same case, which is located in the Student Center of the course shell. The assignments are dependent upon one another.
Write an eight to ten (8-10) Risk Workshop and Risk Register Component paper in which you:
- Identify the required pre-workshop activities.
- Prepare a risk workshop agenda based on Figure B-8, Sample Agenda for a First Risk Assessment / Two “Day Risk Workshop (Appendix B of the Hillson and Simon text). Include suggested time intervals for each activity and justify why each agenda item is relevant for this case.
- Determine the top five (5) threats in a risk register following Figure B-11, Sample Simplified Risk Register Format (Appendix B of the Hillson and Simon text). Include information from the case for each threat.
- Justify the assignment of probability and impacts for each threat identified in criterion number 3 of this assignment.
- Document the top three (3) opportunities in a risk register following Figure B-11, Sample Simplified Risk Register Format (Appendix B of the Hillson and Simon text). Include information from the case for each opportunity.
- Justify the assignment of probability and impacts for each opportunity identified in criterion number 5 of this assignment.
- Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the students name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Assess and prioritize risks to the project through an analysis of the active threats and opportunities presented.
- Apply the Active Threats and Opportunities Management (ATOM) process to ensure a consistent, measurable result of this analysis.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in project risk management
- Write clearly and concisely about project risk management using proper writing mechanics.
Reference for Figure B-8 & B-11
Hillson, David, Simon, Peter. (2012). Practical Project Risk Management: The ATOM
Methodology: The ATOM Methodology, 2nd Edition. [VitalSource Bookshelf Online].
Retrieved from https://strayer.vitalsource.com/#/books/9781567263671/
Place your order now to enjoy great discounts on this or a similar topic.
People choose us because we provide:
Essays written from scratch, 100% original,
Delivery within deadlines,
Competitive prices and excellent quality,
24/7 customer support,
Priority on their privacy,
Unlimited free revisions upon request, and
Plagiarism free work,