This assignment relates to the role of the advanced practice nurse (APN). Students will develop a scholarly paper utilizing the American Psychological Association (APA) 6th edition format. In review, when developing a scholarly APA paper, begin with an introductory paragraph that includes the purpose statement. The body of the paper should include levels of heading that keep the writer focused and on track. For example, this paper would have four (4) level one headings not including the introductory paragraph or conclusion. The paper would then have a conclusion to summarize the main points of the paper. The last page would be the reference page.
- Discuss the chosen specialty and reasons for pursuing an advanced nursing role.
- Differentiate by history, education, and practice, the role differences between the clinical and non-clinical master’s prepared advanced practice nurse.
- Describe the four roles used to define advanced practice nursing and requirements of each.
- Utilizing the Institute of Medicine (IOM) report: The Future of Nursing Leading Change, Advancing Health (found in Weekly Guide/Week 3), discuss how an advanced practice role can impact the RNs career advancement.
- The scholarly paper should be in narrative format, 3 to 5 pages excluding the title and reference page.
- Includean introductory paragraph, purpose statement, and a conclusion.
- Include level 1 headings to organize the paper.
- Write the paper in third person, not first person (meaning do not use ‘we’ or ‘I’) and in a scholarly manner. To clarify: I, we, you, me, our may not be used. In addition, describing yourself as the researcher or the author should not be used.
- Include a minimum of three (3) professional peer-reviewed scholarly journal references to support the paper (review in Ulrich Periodical Directory) and be less than five (5) years old.
- APA format is required (attention to spelling/grammar, a title page, a reference page, and in-text citations).
- Submit the assignment to Turnitin Direct prior to the final submission, review the originality report, and make any needed changes.
- Submit to the Assignment Drop Box by the posted due date.
Assignment 1: Role of the Advanced Nurse Paper Grading Rubric (24 points)
|Assignment Criteria||8 points||6 points||4 points||2 points|
|All topics/criteria addressed and all questions fully answered.||All topics/criteria addressed and most questions fully answered.||All topics/criteria addressed and most questions partially answered.||One or more topics/criteria not addressed or completely answered.|
|Quality/Accuracy of Information||10 points||8 points||6 points||2 points|
|Information clearly relates to the main topic/criteria. It includes several supporting details and/or examples.||Information clearly relates to the main topic/criteria. It provides supporting details and/or examples.||Information clearly relates to the main topic/criteria. A few details and/or examples are given.||Information has little or nothing to do with the main topic/criteria.|
|Organization||4 points||3 points||2 points||1 point|
|Information is very organized with well-constructed paragraphs and levels of heading.||Information organized with well-constructed paragraphs and levels of heading.||There is an attempt at organization but errors exist. No levels of heading.||The information or overall structure appears disorganized.|
|Sources||2 points||1 points||0.5 point||0.25 point|
|All references are from a relevant professional peer-reviewed scholarly journal, within a 5-year timeframe, or a classic/ historical source.||The majority of references are from a relevant professional peer-reviewed scholarly journal, within a 5-year timeframe or a classic/historical source.||Some references are from non-peer-reviewed scholarly sources or older than 5-years.||Majority of references are from non-peer-reviewed scholarly sources or older than 5-years.|
Prime Essay Services , written from scratch, delivered on time, at affordable rates!