- The research question you will address in your essay
1. Select one area of scientific research (pharmaceuticals, medical devices, therapies, surgical procedures, etc), which uses either human subjects or animal subjects. Identify this choice in the title of your essay.
- Example: Since my choice is research on drugs being tested on plants; the title of my essay will be: Regulating drug therapy research using plants: can it or should it be done?
2. Create a research question fully articulating what aspect you will explore. Do not just say “The ethics of research on humans” this is WAY too broad.
- Example: Are the current regulations governing plant pharmaceutical experiments enough to assure full compliance around the globe? OR: Are the aftercare regulations for plants that participate in drug research sufficient and consistent around the world?
3. Your topic must focus on the ethical dilemma involved. Nothing is just good or bad. There are multiple aspects to be considered. Give equal time and attention to BOTH sides.
- Example: The benefits from plant research are many, including medical discoveries that save countless lives, food production initiatives and products such as Biofuels. The research on plants has a negative consequence in the pain and suffering inflicted on these organisms. How do we balance these two aspects? How much and when should the individual’s suffering be overlooked for the common good? How much suffering is too much?
Your essay due will include the following points. Be sure to review these and be sure your topic choice is robust enough to provide detailed information on each of these aspects.
4. Identify and explain the complex ethical dilemmas faced by the scientists/researchers you have selected as they pursue this type of research. 5. Describe how the research impacts individuals, communities, and society across the globe. 6. Examine the possible solutions to these problems/issues that have been proposed and how or if they are working. 7. Construct a conclusion based on the facts and ideas you have uncovered in researching this topic and apply your own ideas to the solving this problem.
Part 2: Completes Essay
Among other benefits, we guarantee:
Essays written from scratch – 100% original,
Competitive prices and excellent quality,
24/7 customer support,
Priority on customer’s privacy,
Unlimited free revisions upon request, and
Plagiarism free work.