1. What was the impact of John Brown’s raid on Harper’s Ferry in 1859? Was he a hero, villain, or madman, as he was sometimes been called?; ; Part II. Select one (1) of the following questions and answer fully.; 2. From the time of the nation’s founding up to threshold of the Civil War, slavery had been discussed, debated, and was a subject of compromise. And in the 19th century the expansion of slavery caused the greatest tensions between North and South. Why? Consider such milestones as the Missouri Compromise; the Compromise of 1850; the Kansas-Nebraska Act; and the Dred Scott Decision.; 3. The entire 1850s decade was like a march to war. Identify and briefly explain some of the major activities and issues [including ideologies] during that time that finally brought the nation to war. How big a role did slavery play?; 4. How did African Americans and white southerners react to the election of Abraham Lincoln as president in 1860? Why did seven states secede from the Union within three months afterwards? What was the African American reaction–Frederick Douglass in particular?
Order Similar Assignment Now!
- Our Support Staff are online 24/7
- Our Writers are available 24/7
- Most Urgent order is delivered within 4 Hrs
- 100% Original Assignment Plagiarism report can be sent to you upon request.
GET 15 % DISCOUNT TODAY use the discount code PAPER15 at the order form.