You are the newly appointed Area Manager of Colesworths, a retail store
specialising in gym and sports equipment. In each of these stores, there are
employees working in different functions as per the following chart:
After reviewing the overall performance of the 10 stores you oversee, you decide
that all staff should be subject to a performance management program.
Answer the following questions as to how you will implement this performance
management system at Colesworths.
1. Whom should you consult with to allocate work?
(3 marks – 1 mark per suggestion)
2. Why is it important to consult with other people when allocating work?
(6 marks – 2 marks per suggestion)
3. What steps would you follow to create and allocate individual objectives?
4. It is necessary to manage available resources in an efficient and effective
manner. How can you do that? (6 marks – 2 marks per suggestion)
5. Performance Standards:
a. What are your expectations of your employees in terms of:
i. Quantity (2 marks – 1 mark per suggestion)
ii. Quality (2 marks – 1 mark per suggestion)
iii. Code of Conduct (2 marks – 1 mark per suggestion)
b. How would you communicate these expectations?
(2 marks – 1 mark per suggestion)
6. What KPIs would you use? (You can develop KPIs based on your answer to
question 5) (6 marks – 1 mark per suggestion)
7. Think of a risk that any of the 10 stores could face. Complete a risk
assessment using the following table:
Risk Likelihood Impact Mitigation Action
8. Briefly explain 3 different methods of assessing employees’ performances.
(9 marks – 3 marks per explanation)
ADDENDUM | © 2016 YOUNG RABBIT PTY LTD, AUSTRALIAN PACIFIC COLLEGE
BSB51915 DIPLOMA OF LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT | PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT_V4.0
9. Complete a performance plan for an employee in any one of the store’s
Key Result Area
Activities SMART objective KPI
(9 marks – 1 marks per suggestion)
10. What topics would you include when training store managers about the new
system? (6 marks – 2 marks per suggestion)
11.How often should performance of employees be measured? (2 marks)
12.How would you monitor and evaluate the new performance management
system? (6 Mark
Prime Essay Services , written from scratch, delivered on time, at affordable rates!